Monday, December 10, 2018

Lindsey's Mariner's Compass

Many of you know that every year, I go to the Empty Spools Seminars at Asilomar. Its a beautiful place and I really love it. In 2017, I was able to take Robin Long's Mariner's Compass class.  Robin is an excellent teacher with a strip-piecing method of creating the Mariner's Compass block. All the ladies in the class had such a great time together, that we even have a private FB page for sharing our MC quilts now.

One of the students was Lindsey who came all the way from Chicago. When she finished her quilt, she offered to let me quilt it. I jumped at the chance--who wouldn't??? She did tell me that it wasn't going to be a wall hanging, but also gave me the freedom to play.


I filled the quilt with pebbles, swirls, feathers, line work and CC's--along with SID on all the seams. Overkill for a quilt that wasn't going to be put on display, but I couldn't resist.

The next three pics so the background, blending swirls, pebbles, feathers and line work.




This is a closeup of the center. The fabric was busy here, so I just did some basic CC's and loops.


And a couple shots of the back.  A bit hard to see the quilting, but I had to include them.



Working on this quilt made me want to finish mine and get it quilted.  Some day.....

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.