Monday, December 17, 2018

Tuscany!

Nope...I didn't get to go on vacation. But I did get to work on Ginny's quilt and she did go on vacation, took this picture, and made it into this beautiful quilt.


Ginny wanted the texture to look like the blocks the buildings were made from, so I did a geometric
meander. I also used mono-filament thread. Something I rarely do; however, with this quilt, it was a necessity. I would have been changing thread color every inch!!

The pics below show the texture as they look on the quilt, itself. You can see it, but its not obvious, right?



Then I took these pics so you could really see the quilting. This was a fun quilt to work on. I love quilts with houses or any type of building!



Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.