Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Gone Fishin'

Cathy sent me this quilt after seeing a similar one that I'd quilted for a friend of hers. I love these Crab Apple Hill patterns.

Cathy added some special touches to hers. Hard to see in the above pic, unless you click on it in this post.  She personalized her quilt to fit Plumas County, where she lives. The top two blocks have to do with Gold Lake--a beautiful lake high in the Lakes Basin of the Sierras.



Lake Davis is another popular fishing lake in Plumas County. It was in the news a few years back, but now its just a nice lake for hanging out.

Here are a couple more shots of the quilt:

I love the combination of embroidery and piecing in these quilts. It gives them such a warm feel.






Thanks for looking!!
 Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.