Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Karen's Quilt Shop Mystery Row-by-Row

Karen hosted this Mystery Row-by-Row that was printed in American and Patchwork Quilting magazine. She planned to have a meeting of the participants who'd finished their quilts with named being put in a hat. The winning name would, if I agreed, get their quilt quilted on her dime. How could I refuse?

This is the store sample that was completed row-by-row like the rest of ours.  Yep, not only am I going to quilt the winning quilt, but I participated as well.


Here are a few more close-ups of the quilting. I had so much fun playing with designs for these rows while trying to make them somewhat consistent.




My personal favorite--houses.  I LOVE to quilt houses!



Everyone chose their own fabrics based on the initial instructions. We had no idea what we were making, so choosing fabrics was challenging.

Coming up next is my rendition of this quilt. I say "rendition," because mine is a tad different.

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.