Thursday, November 29, 2012

Barbara's Baskets -- Quilted

Here it is, the finished quilt (remember to click on the photos to see the detail):


Some close-ups of the final design. .


Sorry about the fold in the fabric; I didn't notice it when I took the photo.


And what post would be complete without a couple shots of the back?


I have no idea what that spot is in the upper left corner; the fabric wasn't discolored. *shrug*


What are your thoughts? Would you have chosen something different?


4 comments:

  1. Love it. I think you were successful in stretching your imagination in quilting this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have done crosshatch in the basket bottom (dark area) and a flower design in the white that would fill up the area. I also would have use dark thread on the back to avoid such a stark contrast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My customer didn't want crosshatching and she likes the contrast on the back, as do I. And you know what they say...the customer is always right!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.