Saturday, November 10, 2012

Finally...a Quilt to Share

 This is Marei's quilt that I've been working on for what seems like forever. Many thread changes and even some thread issues, which has prompted me to try a new brand of thread for stitching in the ditch. More on that when I get the new stuff.

Anyway, this is Marie's tribute to the Ricky Tims' Convergence quilt style. As you can see, she left two really large open spaces for me to "play with." Luckily, Marie was very patient. I've had this quilt forever; however, I didn't want to do it until I'd taken a few classes at MQX as well as the"Quilting Negative Spaces" class on Craftsy with Angela Walters.  (That class is so worth your time!)



Marei didn't want anything swirly in the open spaces, so I opted for some tiles to fill the area up. I added a few suns for some pizzazz. There are suns in the dark orange fabric, which gave me the idea.





In the "convergence" part of the quilt, I opted for puzzle pieces in the black and white and swirls in the dark orange.  Until the dark orange blocks got a bit too big and the swirls would have been lost. In those rows, I did some simple cross-hatching based on each individual block.  


Thanks for stopping by!!


1 comment:

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.