Monday, July 11, 2016

Modern Underground Railroad

I know you've seen this quilt before, but honestly, has it ever looked this pretty??  I love that Leslie used modern fabrics for this one. (She's sent up two more of these in traditional fabrics).  I loved the border fabric so much that I was hoping to buy some for my stash. Unfortunately, she didn't have any of the selvage with the name on it. If you know what it is, please let me know--I love it!!


Because of the modern look, we decided on a more modern motif.  Lots of lines and not a feather to be found. The border and sashing both have a geometric design that you can almost see here.


Lots of lines in the basket with a fun design in the red square ala Angela Walters. Its one of my favorites.


I'm not sure what you call this block, but the triangles got a more modern treatment.
 

This one shows the sashing and more linework in the star. Click on it for a close-up view.
 

I've quilted many of these UGRR quilts, but this was my first one done in modern fabrics. I have done many with traditional, so this was a nice change of pace for me.

Stay tuned for Leslie's traditional UGRR.

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.