Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pioneer Sampler

This is Leslie's Pioneer Sampler. using Eleanor Burns' pattern. She's a newer quilter, but boy is she catching on. Good fabric choices (way better than what I usually make), good piecing and pressing. She's quickly becoming another favorite to quilt for. Plus, she has such enthusiasm.  I love it!!

I love the traditional fabrics she chose, the quilt has such rich colors.  I won't bore you with my quilting ideas, but leave you with feathers--lots of feathers everywhere.



This is a shot of the corner.  If you look closely you can see the feathers in the corner with the piano keys (look in the red bit) and CC's.

And the back, which shows this perfectly.  The fabric is a gorgeous green. not this weird color that showed up. (I'm thinking I might need a new camera--or maybe just someone who knows how to take pictures????)

Here are a few more shots of the back.  I love how the quilting looks on the back--its my favorite part! The green in the first one is a bit more true.




Thanks for having a look!!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.