This is what Carla "whispered": (click on the picture if you want to make it larger)
And this is what I quilted:
I really stretched the limits of my comfort zone with this quilt, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. I've done feathers on a couple of quilts in the past, but never feathers that actually showed up--at least not without a magnifying glass! This time, not only were there feathers, but there were feathers going in all different directions and some in light thread on a dark background. *scary* Overall, I think they turned out quite nice. Following are pictures of several of the blocks.
Notice the feathers in the cone?? (I know, they're in matching thead, but they're still feathers!)
And this is what they looked like on the back:
More blocks with feathers...
And this is the outside border. I used my swag template (I'm still in love with that thing!), but this time, I only did the top two swags, the little flower thing under it and bead board above. In the corner, I used a template from Kimmy Brunner and did feathers on the outside. Just something different *shrug*
Another shot of the back for a better view of the borders.
And, in case you aren't screaming, "Enough, already!" --here's one last shot of the whole thing.
Carla, if you're reading this, I just want to say thanks. I stretched the limits of my own personal box and am quite happy that I did. Best of all, so is my customer! (Remember, if you want a closer view, just click on the picture).