Saturday, June 30, 2012

Asilomar 2012 - Part One


For the third year in a row, Cindy and I headed out for our Empty Spools session at Asilomar. I spent the week before our trip in Quincy, dropping off and picking up quilts and catching up with good friends. It was a nice being back, but boy was it HOT!

We left Quincy Friday morning and made our first, and traditional, very important stop at Morning Star Quilt Shop. Since Dennis had commandeered one of my suitcases with deliveries that had to be made for him, I was forced to buy fabric for my Empty Spools project. It was painful, but someone had to do it! I ended up purchasing mostly blues and oranges (surprise!), but more on that in Part 2.

Friday and Saturday nights were spent with Cindy's brother, Dick, and his wife, Lynn. Really nice people and best of all, they have five dogs, two horses, one miniature pony and one miniature donkey.  The donkey was so cute and Dick even offered to let me take her home, much to Lynn's dismay! This is their biggest dog; isn't she beautiful! They also have two normal sized and two small ones.


Sunday, a few more quilt shops and then we checked in at Asilomar. It was lovely there all week long. No bad weather, lots of sunshine, walks on the beach every morning and, best of all, quilting all day long!

Cindy and I have a pretty good routine since she likes to sleep in a bit and I like to get up. I go for a good walk (have to get some exercise to prepare for all the food eaten during the day) and am back to our room in time to get ready for breakfast. This is the "trail" that takes you to the ocean beach.




First view of the ocean.


The view headed back to our classroom one evening after dinner. It is just so beautiful and relaxing there. I'm already saving my pennies for next year!


Dory







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.