Friday, February 16, 2018

2017 Race for Hospice Quilt

Every year, the Sequim Bay Yacht Club does a fund raiser for hospice. Part of the fund raiser is a quilt that is raffled. I am given the honor of quilting these quilts. This is the latest one:

Although I think this quilt found its way to a grandchild, I still wanted to cover it with quilting. Below are some closeups showing the quilting around the various critters, as well as those corner blocks.





Here are a few pics of the back. You can see that I mostly outlined the animals, with minimal stitching in them. Then I tried to work with the design in the special patterned fabrics with the whales. The linework behind the animals was my attempt to make them poof out a bit, then the ribbon candy to frame them.







I just love the shots of the back of this one!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.