Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Penny's Log Cabin

Quilters meet quilters in the most unusual places. I met Penny in Bankrupcy Court in Olympia. No, neither of us was filing for bankruptcy, however, we'd both been cheated by the same company that was filing. Imagine my surprise when, about a month after the hearing, she called me to work on a quilt for her. Turns out, Penny just lives in the next town over--Port Angeles.

This is her beautiful Log Cabin.  I know the setting has a specific name, but I don't remember what its called.  Do you??

I really had some fun with this one.  I did leaves in the outer, dark green border, with a version of piano keys in the inner cream one. The green areas around the cream in each block had a leaf meander as well. In the cream log cabins going around the outside, I did my heatwave meander.
Then the fun part began. The middle block and the four surrounding ones called to me for something special. I kept the leaf meander for continuity, but I did a partial "sun" in the outer four and a full "sun" in the middle.  You'll probably have to click the pic for the full effect.

Here's the full sun...
This is one of the prettiest settings I've seen for a log cabin quilt!

Dory

1 comment:

  1. I love how she spiraled the viney fabric, that must have taken ages to set up and all those tiny pieces!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.