Saturday, February 10, 2018

Bed Quilt in Blues

Mary Jo and her husband brought this quilt over. I know Mary Jo from the Port Townsend guild, Cabin Fever Quilters, but this was the first time I'd met her husband. I love having people to the house to drop off their quilts. It gives me a chance to get to know them better and sometimes, I even get to meet the husband!

In fact, Mary Jo and her husband collaborated on this one. If I remember correctly, he helped with the color choices. I really love the color on this one and I so wanted to play. However, Mary Jo asked for an allover, so that's what I did.  Have a look:
Yep, another big one that didn't fit when I hung it for a pic. 

A couple close-ups below. I did my heatwave pattern on most of the quilt, but I added a bit of linework to the inner border along with some loops in the outer sashing just to spice things up.

Here's a couple shots of the backing to show the pattern of the linework in that outer border.

Hope you're enjoying the more frequent posts!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.