Sunday, February 4, 2018

Really Big Applique Quilt

Attempting, once again, to get caught up.  I'm hoping I don't repeat myself and show you a quilt for a second time; however, since I've been posting so infrequently, I doubt you'll remember anyway!!

This is Anna's big, beautiful applique quilt. Its so big, it won't even fit on my hanging bar! In fact, in the future there will be a hanging bar in my living room. The ceilings are much higher, so my quilt pics will (hopefully) look better.





Let's start in the middle.  I love the tree and really wanted it to stand out, so I did a little quilt framing (is that even a thing??) Here are a couple close-ups.
And closer yet...
Moving outward to one of the main blocks...feathers and CC in those blocks.


 And this is one of the cute little bird appliques

And finally, the border. Or, better known as where I got my "quilt framing" idea for the center tree.


Thanks for having a look!!!!!

Dory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.