Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Log Cabin Wedding Quilt

Here it is...the "Big One." This quilt is from a new customer, Diane. She and her daughter made this quilt for a wedding gift for another family member. Bad news: The wedding was five years ago; good news: They're still married and now they'll have a beautiful quilt for their bed.  It's a big quilt (103 x 103)--thus the less than stellar photo of the whole thing.



I quilted the dark areas with a "heatwave" fill and used a larger version of the fill for the sashing.




The outside corners in the light areas got feathers...


A close-up of the heatwave fill and the leaf meander done in the majority of the light areas.

This photo of the back shows the feathers and the fill.


Dory






2 comments:

  1. oh that is a BIG quilt. Love the colors and better late than never!
    I'm just about finished with a 96 x 112 one..just seems like I keep advancing it and advancing it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really pretty, Dory. I like your quilting ideas on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.