Monday, November 16, 2009

Finally...Finished Two Quilts in ONE Weekend!

Although I usually have three days off every weekend, I rarely get two quilts entirely done.  This weekend was different in many ways.   I had a holiday on Wednesday, which was spent quilting.  But then I ended up working late on Thursday and working almost all day on Friday!  So Saturday and Sunday were spent quilting and doing housework too--and I still got them both done. 

This one was custom for a friend.  Billie did a great job on this quilt and I love purple and green together.  Have a look and remember, if you click the picture, you can see it bigger.


Close up... I used Quilter's Dream Puff batting; the interlocking design in the middle is supposed to be puffy and the edges will fray when its washed.  QD was the perfect batt for this one.


The back...multi-colored strips from the front, but the solid shows the quilting.


And I have to give a shout out to APQS...I adore my Millennium!  I have come to know him quite well, I know what threads he likes and which he doesn't.  With this quilt, I used my customer's thread in the small loops in the multi-colored borders around each block.  Mel handled it like a champ.  APQS makes the best machines!!!

The second quilt was a panto on a really nice batik quilt with maple leaves.  No pic yet, my customer still hasn't seen it, but it turned out great!  I used My Favorite Leaves by Judy Allen and Rainbows Brass Band thread by Superior Threads.  I hope my customer likes it as much as I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments! I love hearing what you have to say and I appreciate your taking the time to make your comments. Due to the amount of spam I've been receiving, please note that I will no longer be taking comments from "Anonymous." I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.